* 9am Mass locations rotate
between area nursing homes;
check bulletin for location.
St Munchin 4:00pm
or by appointment
Blessed are those who have died
in the Lord; let them rest from their labors
for their good deeds go with them
St Munchin Cemetery is owned by St Munchin Catholic Church in Cameron Missouri. A cemetery board oversees operations and maintenance. Located in a peaceful countryside location in Clinton County, Missouri, St Munchin Cemetery provides a final resting place for the faithful departed, and a setting where family and friends can remember and pray.
The original cemetery consisted of 10 acres purchased June 19, 1869 from James and Elizabeth Cazier and deeded to Bishop John J. Hogan of the catholic Diocese of St. Joseph. In 1927 seven of the ten acres were sold to Mr. Lake Jones.
An additional three acres (336' x 360') were purchased in November 1991 from Mr. Louis Gates, which doubled the size of the cemetery. St. Munchin parishioners voted to name the three new areas.
The oldest identifiable marker belongs to Bridget Hinchey, who died in 1869. A story is told that the northeast corner of the cemetery claims the graves of Mexican workers who were killed in a train wreck. One grave honors three friends who were united in life and death.
Many of those who served our country and died in battle are interred here, including Edward Kenney and his brother James.
Several of the families who have donated stained glass windows to the St. Munchin catholic Church are buried in the cemetery, including Thomas and Elizabeth Goldrick, Joseph Quell, and Jeremiah and Bridget Ryan.
Deeds can be obtained through the St. Munchin Parish office. Although the cemetery was established as a final resting place for members of the local Catholic parish, others may also make arrangements.
St. Munchin Cemetery is located on the east side of NE Witt Rd, just north of 336th St. it is surrounded by many peaceful country views and wonderful places to pray and remember loved ones.
The parish also operates
Kenney Cemetery on the
west side of Grandview Rd,
just north of Highway 36,
between Country Rd 10
and County Rd 12.